Last updated: 22/05/2018
Edenvale Electrics values your privacy and cares about the way in which your personal information is treated.
This policy describes what personal information we collect about you;
• how we obtain your personal information
• how we use your personal information
• on what basis we use your personal information
• how long we keep your personal information
• who we share your personal information with
• how we protect your personal information
• which countries we transfer your personal information to
• your rights regarding your personal information
Please see the relevant heading below for more information on each of these areas.
See ‘Data controller’ below for information on who controls and processes personal data at Edenvale Electrics
What personal information do we collect about you?
We may collect personal information from you in the course of our business, including through your use of our website, when you contact or request information from us, when you engage our services or as a result of your professional relationship with Edenvale Electrics
The personal information that we process includes:
- Basic information, such as your name (including name prefix or title), the company you work for, your title or position.
- Contact information, such as your business and/or residential postal address, email address and phone number(s)
- Technical information, such as information from your visits to our website, including, but not limited to, IP address, device used, browser used, entry & exit pages, service provider etc.
- Identification and background information provided by you or collected as part of our business acceptance processes
- Personal information provided to us by or on behalf of our clients or generated by us in the course or providing services to them, which may include special categories of data
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us
How we obtain your personal information
- We collect information from you as part of our business acceptance processes and about you and others as necessary in the course of providing a service to you.
- We collect your personal information while monitoring our technology tools and services, including our websites, social media accounts when applicable and email communications sent to and from Peter Hope and Edenvale Electrics
- Basic information, such as your name (including name prefix or title), the company you work for, your title or position.
- We gather information about you when you provide it to us or interact with us directly.
- We may collect or receive information about you from other sources, such as keeping the contact details we already hold for you accurate and up to date using publicly available sources
How we use your personal information
- Edenvale Electrics collects and processes personal information about you in a number of ways, including through your use of our website and in the provision of services by us. We use that information:
- To provide and improve this website, including auditing and monitoring its use
- To provide and improve our services to you and to our clients, including handling the personal information of others on behalf of our clients
- To provide information requested by you
- To promote our services, including sending offers and updates.
- To manage and administer our relationship with you and our clients
- To fulfill our obligations under GDPR requirements.
Use of Edenvale Electrics website
A number of facilities on our website invite you to provide us with personal information, such as the contact page section of our website our email queries facilities and occasionally the option to add your details to our mailing list. The purpose of these facilities is apparent at the point that you provide your personal information and we only use that information for those purposes.
Our website uses several cookies to track and report on the manner in which the website is used to help us to improve it. Cookies do this by placing small text files on your device. The information that the cookies collect, can include, but not limited to, the number of visitors to the site, the pages visited and the length of time spent on the site etc. Please also see ‘Marketing and other emails’ below.
To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Marketing and other emails
We may occasionally operate an email mailing list program, used to inform subscribers about products, services and/or news we supply/publish. Users can subscribe through an online automated process where they have given their explicit permission.
Subscriber personal details are collected, processed, managed and stored in accordance with the regulations named in ‘The policy’ above. Subscribers can unsubscribe at any time through an automated online service, or if not available, other means as detailed in the footer of sent marketing messages (or unsubscribe from all Mailchimp lists).
The type and content of marketing messages subscribers receive, and if it may contain third party content, is clearly outlined at the point of subscription.
External website links & third-parties
Although we only look to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. Users should, therefore, note they click on external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
On what basis we use your personal information
We use your personal information on the following basis:
• To perform a contract, such as engaging with an individual to provide professional services.
• To comply with legal and regulatory obligations
• For legitimate business purposes. Please see ‘How we use your personal information’ for more detail
How long we keep your personal information
Your personal information will be retained in accordance with our data retention policy which categorises all of the information held by Edenvale Electrics
- Edenvale Electrics– specifies the appropriate retention period for each category of data. Those periods are based on the requirements of applicable data protection laws and the purpose for which the information is collected and used, taking into account legal and regulatory requirements to retain the information for a minimum period, limitation periods for taking legal action, good practice and Edenvale Electrics business purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
We are a UK Based company and we operate within the UK, as well as accessing services within the EU and Globally and any information that you provide to us may be shared with and processed by any entity in the UK when necessary, that is associated with Edenvale Electrics
We may also share your personal information with certain trusted third parties in accordance with contractual arrangements in place with them, including:
- Suppliers to whom we outsource certain support services such as cloud backups, security and admin etc
- IT service providers to Edenvale Electrics
- Where necessary, or for the reasons set out in this policy, personal information may also be shared with regulatory authorities, courts, tribunals, government agencies and law enforcement agencies. While it is unlikely, we may be required to disclose your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. We will use reasonable endeavours to notify you before we do this, unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
We do not sell, rent or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any third party, except with your prior permission.
Social Media Policy & Usage
We adopt a Social Media Policy to ensure our business conducts itself accordingly online. While we may have official profiles on social media platforms users are advised to verify the authenticity of such profiles before engaging with, or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media.
There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page. You can find further information about some social media privacy and usage policies in the resources section below.
We will use your images on social media to promote our business. We will tag you where possible unless you specifically ask us not to. If you do not wish any images to be used on social media you must state this in writing, either by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the Contact Form on this website. Alternatively, you can also send a letter addressed to Peter Hope, Edenvale Electrics, 88 Edenvale Road, Paignton, Devon TQ3 2JJ
Once received, a written confirmation will be sent to you within 7 working days.
How we protect your personal information
We use a variety of technical and organisational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction consistent with applicable data protection laws.
Which countries we transfer your personal information to
The level of information protection in countries outside the EEA may be less than that offered within the EEA. Where this is the case, we will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure in accordance with applicable data protection laws. EU standard contractual clauses are in place between all Edenvale Electrics entities that share and process personal data. Where our third party service providers process personal data outside the EEA in the course of providing services to us, our written agreement with them will include appropriate measures, usually standard contractual clauses.
Your rights regarding your personal information
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable data protection laws provide certain rights for data subjects.
You are entitled to request details of the personal information we hold about you and how we process it. You may also have a right in accordance with applicable data protection law to have it rectified or deleted, to restrict our processing of that information, to stop unauthorised transfers of your personal information to a third party and, in some circumstances, to have personal information relating to you transferred to another organisation. You may also have the right to lodge a complaint in relation Edenvale Electrics processing your personal information with a local supervisory authority.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
Your objection (or withdrawal of any previously given consent) could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out above (see ‘How we use your personal information’) or that you may not be able to make use of the services and products offered by us. Please note that even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent we may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law, in particular in connection with exercising and defending our legal rights or meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
We must ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Therefore, please advise us of any changes to your information by sending an email to email@example.com, or by letter to; Peter Hope, Edenvale Electrics, 88 Edenvale Road, Paignton, Devon TQ3 2JJ
Information relating to your method of payment
Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise.
Peter Hope, Edenvale Electrics, 88 Edenvale Road, Paignton, Devon TQ3 2JJ
Peter Hope is the Data Controller for Edenvale Electrics